Friday, May 14, 2010

12 days and counting. . .

I'm exhausted!!! I've spent the last day and a half trying to get my daughter home from the Czech Republic and I remember anew how taxing international travel can be. There were problems with her itinerary, a rescheduled flight, a missed connection, a scrambling in Canada to get a hotel room where she is having to spend the night, frantic calls with the airline, the paging system at the airport, and the booking agent. Exorbitant luggage fees--so she ended up leaving some of her stuff in Prague and hopefully will get it mailed back to her someday. Even with all the wonder of technology, it was still difficult to connect with her via SKYPE, email, or Facebook, etc. because I didn't know where she was at any moment. And she had stopped her cell phone service when she left the States and it hasn't been reinstated yet. So she was virtually inaccessible.

As I'm finally taking a deep breath this evening, knowing that she'll get some rest tonight before tomorrow's college graduation, I'm wondering if our team will encounter any of the same difficulties and I can only pray--hopefully not ALL of them!

Zech 4:6 It's not by might, not by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord.

All my frantic worrying, agitated phone calls, and untamed stress was really for nothing. I felt totally useless on my end and unable to effect any change or assistance for my daughter as she was traveling. All my might and power was for naught--except for maybe helping to get her a hotel room--but it literally took me 2-1/2 hours to get that accomplished. All this to say, it may be a rough road ahead for our missions trip, but we need to learn a lesson (at least I need to learn this lesson)--that we need to be flexible, adaptable, and trust in God to work out all the details. Expect to be frustrated. Expect things not to go exactly as planned. But ultimately TRUST GOD. He's still in control!

No comments: