Sunday, May 30, 2010

Finally here. . .

Praise God!!! We finally made it here!! We are so thrilled!! We finally made it to the Kiliminjaro airport at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. We are all suffering from exhaustion I think. Our brains are still in Kansas, but our bodies are here in Tanzania.

I'll give more updates when I get some rest. We had our orientation session with Steve and Polycarp. We were so tired, we kept falling asleep.

Our next prayer request is about our luggage. We got to the airport in Kilimanjaro and discovered that our luggage had mysteriously disappeared. We only had one piece show up amongst the entire team. So please pray for the quick and speedy return of our luggage as it contains our medicines, our clean clothes, sunscreen, etc.

We just lost our electricity--luckily I'm on my laptop with battery power. But my battery is about to die, so I'm going to sign off for now.

Thanks for all your prayers!!! We continue to need them!!! We are excited about our plans for the next week. Tomorrow we're prepping for the video training sessions.

No comments: