Sunday, May 9, 2010

17 days and counting. . .

Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?" says the LORD. "Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?" says your God. Isaiah 66:9

I have a friend who is 9 months pregnant. In fact her due date is tomorrow. I saw her on Friday and she looked like she was going to have the baby any moment. As we continue to get ready these last few days before our departure, I'm sure we feel a lot like she does--ready, expectant, eager, nervous, tired. So many emotions will fill us during these next few days. Doubts, worry, excitement, trepidation, fears. Is this really going to happen? Are we ready to "deliver?" The verse from Isaiah 66 above says it all, God has brought us this far--will he not deliver on the plan that he has for us to go to Tanzania? Of course he will. He is still in control and he will help us through our "labor and delivery" as we press on towards our goal of going to Tanzania. So press in, don't doubt!! We're almost there!

No comments: